New Mexico Department of Health Civil Money Penalty Award
Santa Fe Care Center and healthcare consultant, Ben Thomson, were recently awarded a New Mexico Department of Health Civil Money Penalty Award. The monies from this award will provide eighteen months of staff training at no cost to Santa Fe Care Center. The scope of the program will include:
- A complete review of recent state facility surveys
- Identifying improvements to resident quality of life
- Assessment of staff job satisfaction
- Introducing new methods in recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, training and exiting
- Organization-wide communication, teamwork and role-ownership
- Peer support groups and sharing best practices across departments
- Customer service training that ensures respect for all stakeholders internal and external
- Understanding and applying the attributes of great teams across departments
- Team building, employee recognition and celebrating successes.
Our #1 goal is to provide training, tools and resources to staff – above and beyond the norm for skilled nursing facilities – that produce a highly effective, compassionate and skilled team that delivers world-class care to every resident of Santa Fe Care Center. This program shall be measured against existing benchmarks at each phase to ensure its success. We are very excited about reaching new heights and fulfilling our vision of creating a living community where residents, their families, and our staff feel cared-for, respected and valued.